Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This reading is all about the user and their needs. Websites should be geared towards their user first; then if it does not prevent the user purpose they can add their own needs. The article conveys the message that web sites should be simple unless the site has “heroin content” , which means that its material is so enthralling that it does not matter how awful the site is. This shows how naturally people will put up with bad design just because they like the information or product. Mostly this article describes how important it is to have behavioral design; how websites should be simple and easy to navigate.

The most important point in this article is that a web site should be easy to navigate. I have always had a problem finding my way around more complicated or poorly designed sites. I did not get a computer till I was older, but that is not an excuse for web pages to be hard to maneuver. I think that web site designer should be more concerned with making the website easy for the user.
A list of important points in web design.
-Ease of navigation
-Visually appealing but not distracting
-Provides me with what I was searching for
-Has interesting and well written content
-Does not have huge endless pages

No comments: